The ottoman is a versatile piece that can be used for storage, seating, coffee table, or just as an accent piece.
If you are looking for an ottoman that can fit into your small space, then this is the article to read!
I have reviewed some of the best ottomans for small spaces and have included all the information you need to make an informed purchase decision.
What is an Ottoman?
A lot of people don’t know what an ottoman is, but it is basically a type of low footstool covered in fabric that is used as a seat or an extra table surface.
They are usually placed in front of sofas to provide extra seating capacity or they can be used as side tables or even footstools.
The reason why people love ottomans so much is that they can be used in so many different ways depending on your needs.
The 10 Best Ottomans for Small Spaces Reviews
If you have a small space, it can be challenging to find furniture that fits. The Cosaving Folding Storage Ottoman is an excellent example of a small but functional ottoman that you can use in your living room or bedroom.
It folds up and stores easily when not in use, so you don't have to worry about taking up space in the room. You can also place it under your bed or couch until you need it again.
It is Multi-Purpose
You can use this storage ottoman as an extra seating option when entertaining guests or storing items in small spaces such as dorm rooms, apartments, or condos.
The memory foam that makes up the seat cushion is soft and comfortable, making this a great option for anyone who needs extra support while sitting down.
- Its soft memory foam inside makes it easy to sit on for hours without getting uncomfortable
- It's covered with a soft fabric that feels good against your skin.
- This storage ottoman is designed to fit perfectly in small spaces like dorm rooms, apartments, and RVs.
- You can also use it as an extra seat at parties or for guests who come over for dinner or drinks
- Folds up flat when not in use so it doesn't take up any floor space when not being used
- I did not experience any disappointment when testing this product.
I received this ottoman in exchange for my honest review.
The ottoman looks great with my living room furniture. It's large enough to fit a couple of drinks, or a book and some magazines, but not too big that it takes up too much room.
Round Storage Ottoman
Overall, I would definitely recommend this round Ottoman if you are looking for something for your living room or bedroom that doesn't take up too much space but still provides storage with style!
- The leather is really soft and it doesn't have any chemical smell.
- The color of this round ottoman will look good with your living room décor
- The lid lifts up to reveal storage space underneath for blankets, magazines, etc
- I also love how easy it is to clean as it is made of leather
- The only downside is that this round storage ottoman is pricy but worth your cash
The HomePop round leatherette storage ottoman is a good-looking, functional piece of furniture that can be used in any room of your home.
The leather ottoman comes with a lid that opens and closes easily. The interior of the leather ottoman has a large space that can fit many different items. You can use it to store blankets, pillows, and games or even use it as an extra seat when guests come over.
- This storage ottoman is easy to clean because it's made out of leather material-top finish which is easy to wipe down with a wet cloth or sponge
- The lid on top of the Ottoman opens up so that you can use it as extra storage space or even use it as a coffee table
- The round shape of this storage ottoman gives it a modern feel and look that will match many styles of décor
- Its strong construction ensures that no matter how much weight you put in this ottoman, it won't collapse under pressure.
- I did not experience any problems when testing this storage ottoman
This is a must-have for any small living room or apartment. It has a compact design, which makes it ideal if you have a small living room. You can place it anywhere in the room and it will not take up too much space.
It Is a Foldable Storage Ottoman
The foldable feature allows you to easily store the ottoman away until you need it again, which will save space in your living room or bedroom. If you're looking for a stylish, yet functional piece of furniture that's sure to fit your style, this Ottoman would be a great choice.
- The ottoman comes with storage space underneath its lid. You can store blankets or any other item in there such as magazines or books.
- The thick foam cushioning on top makes it comfortable to sit on while watching TV or reading a book.
- The fabric also comes in several colors so you can choose the perfect one for your home decorating style.
- In my testing, I didn't experience any disappointment.
YOUDENOVA 15 inches Folding Storage Ottoman will be a great addition to your living room. It will provide you with extra seating space, and serve as a coffee table, footrest, and storage space at the same time. It is a must-have for any small living room or apartment.
The ottoman is made of leather, which looks great and is easy to care for.
- This ottoman is great for small spaces because it's foldable, so you can easily store it in a closet or under the bed when not in use. This makes it perfect for apartments and condos where space is limited.
- The 15 Inch cube ottoman is perfect to use as a footrest or small storage box.
- It's also filled with foam, which makes it comfortable to sit on, even if you're sitting on it for long periods of time.
- Not suitable to sit when you are heavy
The Sevilla Classics Foldable Storage Ottoman is a very versatile piece of furniture. It can be used for extra seating, storage chest, table, or for decoration.
One of my favorite features about this ottoman is that it has storage space inside. It has a large compartment for holding blankets, books, and more.
- It features a grey color, which makes it easy to fit in with your existing decor.
- It can be used anywhere in your home; next to your couch or sofa, next to your bed, or even by itself in another room, if needed
- This storage ottoman for small apartments folds up easily when not in use, so you don't have to worry about taking up too much space when not needed.
- I didn't encounter any disappointments during my testing.
I bought this classic ottoman to see if it lives to its claim of being sturdy, comfortable, and not taking up too much space.
A Small Ottoman with A Sturdy Surface
It is small enough to fit in my bedroom without taking up too much space, yet still comfortable enough to lounge on. The fabric is soft, so it's nice to relax on.
It's also great if you need somewhere to put your feet up after a long day of work or running errands around town. The color goes well with any decor style; from modern to traditional so it will look great in any room of your home.
- The top lifts up and you have access to a storage compartment where you can store blankets, pillows, or whatever else you need to store in there.
- It is sturdy and solid. The wood is high quality and the finish is excellent
- The ottoman is comfortable to sit on as well as to use for storage.
- This storage ottoman also features a padded top that makes it great as a footrest or seat in your living room or bedroom.
- My only complaint about this smaller ottoman is that it has no back support; however, I don't consider this a problem since most ottomans don't have backs anyway (at least not ones that I've seen).
If you are looking for a piece of furniture to spruce up your living room, then look no further. The BRIAN&DANY Foldable Storage Ottoman is not only stylish but functional as well.
You can place it anywhere you want to add some extra seating and has a hole handle for easy lifting and moving around the house. It is also foldable for easy storage when not in use.
- Foldable design allows for easy storage when not in use.
- It is made of made from faux leather material which is durable
- It is made out of faux leather which gives it a real leather look without having to pay for the high price tag that comes with real leather furniture pieces.
- It has two handles on each side so you can easily move it around if needed
- As of the testing time, I haven't found any cons to this product.
If you're looking for a stylish ottoman that blends into your space, choose this ottoman. It's also compact, so it won't take up much space at all. This makes it great for apartments or dorm rooms.
The faux leather upholstery is easy to clean and maintain, making it ideal for households with children and pets. The ottoman is available in several different colors and finishes, allowing you to choose the one that best matches your home's décor.
- The storage ottoman can also be used as an extra seat for guests when needed
- It's small enough to fit into any space but big enough to hold magazines, drinks, or other items on top.
- It is affordable
- It's also easy to fold up when not in use so that it takes up less space in your living room when not needed.
- The only thing that I don't like about this ottoman is that it doesn't have handles on the sides so you can't lift it easily with one hand
This Ottoman is designed to fit in a small space, but it is not just for small spaces. It can be used in larger rooms too. As an ottoman, it provides extra seating or storage when needed.
Its elegant appearance will blend in with your home decor.
- The Ottoman has a folding mechanism that allows it to be stored flat when not in use
- The storage compartment underneath provides extra space for storing things like blankets or pillows so you'll always have them nearby when you need them
- This small ottoman can be used in any room in your house, including the bedroom, living room, and den.
- So far, I have not found any cons to this product during testing.
What Should You Consider Before Buying an Ottoman?
One main thing that you need to consider when buying an ottoman is whether it has storage. If you don’t have a lot of space in your house, then you should consider getting an ottoman with storage so that it can be used as extra storage space.
This way, you won’t need to spend money on buying another piece of furniture for putting things not needed right away.
If you have a small room, then the ottoman should also be small. You don’t want it to take up all of the space in your room. Make sure that you choose a size that fits in well with your room layout and design.
Choose an ottoman that matches the color scheme of your room so it will blend in nicely with everything else there. You may also choose to add other colors such as blue or green so it looks more interesting than just black or brown ones.
If you live in an apartment or rental house where space is limited, you may want to consider getting a foldable ottoman. These are great because they take up less room when not in use and can be folded up for easy storage when not needed.
Choose an ottoman made from leather if possible because these are usually more durable than other materials like cloth or plastic ones. Leather lasts longer and does not break easily when you sit down on it or step on it by accident
Should an Ottoman Be Higher or Lower Than Couch?
The proper height of an ottoman can be a matter of personal preference. Most people tend to want their ottomans higher than their couches, but it's worth noting that there are some drawbacks to this approach.
Ottomans Should Be Lower Than the Couch
The primary reason for this is that you want to be able to put your feet up on the ottoman when you're sitting on the couch. If your ottoman is too high, it's going to be awkward to put your feet up on it so it’s better for the ottoman to be lower than your couch.
Having said that, there are other reasons why you might want a higher-than-average ottoman as well. One thing that some people like about high-rise ottomans is that they can use them as extra seating when they have parties or other get-togethers at home where more than one person will need a place to sit.
What Is the Difference Between Hassock and Ottoman?
When it comes to seating, the options are seemingly endless. From chairs and sofas to ottomans and stools, there’s no shortage of ways to get comfortable at home. But what exactly is the difference between a hassock and an ottoman? The answer may surprise you.
A hassock and an ottoman are two different types of seats. While both have a footstool shape, the main difference between them is that an ottoman has storage while a hassock does not.
Check out our guide on Hassock vs Ottoman for more information.
Can You Sit On an Ottoman?
Yes, you can sit on an ottoman. An ottoman is a piece of furniture that can serve multiple functions. It can be used as extra seating, as a footstool, or as a tray table. It can be placed in any room of your home, including the bedroom.
Do All Ottomans Have Storage Space?
No, not all ottomans have storage space. All ottomans are not created equal. Some are just for sitting, while others have storage space inside. Storage ottomans have open compartments that can hold books or magazines as well as other items like blankets or throw pillows.
The most common type of storage ottoman is the lift top. Lift top storage ottomans feature a lid that lifts up to reveal a hidden compartment where you can store things like blankets, pillows, or even shoes.
Can you put an ottoman in the hallway?
If you have a large hallway with plenty of space, then putting an ottoman there is a great idea.
You can use it as a bench where people can sit while taking off their shoes or putting them back on again after coming inside from outside. It could also be used as a place for storing items like shoes and bags when not in use.