Having bad knees does not mean you can’t get into the habit of meditating. In fact some people noted that meditation has helped with improving their overall health as a result of meditation.
Can You Do Meditation Poses With Bad Knees?
There are a few poses that are most commonly known.
- Lotus position
- Kneeling position
The kneeling position will most likely cause pain if you are going to be sitting on your feet, which is why a kneeling meditation chair is recommended for such people.
Lotus position requires flexibility and practice to get into, but it won’t cause as much problems as the kneeling position, but please listen to your body. If you feel pain, take it slow and don’t force yourself.
At the end of the day, you don’t even need a bench or a stool. You can simply lie on your back or sit in a traditional way on a chair. You can perfectly get good meditation sessions without fancy equipment.
However, a good chair definitely improves the overall experience and helps with getting into flow or the zone as we might call it.
FOM Chair With Back Support
- ✔ ADVANCED FOLDABLE EXTRA LARGE MEDITATION CHAIR: The best in class Innovation for Prolonged Sitting. The backrest of...
- ✔ REGISTERED DESIGN IN INDIA: Design Adapted by Dhyan Unmesh (Osho Meditation Facilitator). Rated No 1 Meditation...
- ✔ USAGE of MEDITATION CHAIR: Extra Large Relaxing and Meditation Yoga Chair is used while performing Yoga, Meditation,...
For the best comfort, try this meditation chair. You can carry it around with you without any problems. There is ample cushioning and padding with back support, for people with bad knees it’s the perfect choice.
- ERGONOMIC BENCH - Simple kneeling bench to sit in a natural, balanced and relaxed posture that holds your spine in a...
- COMFORTABLE MEDITATION - The curved and arched seat provides optimal comfort and support without the need of a cushion...
- BACK AND BODY SOLUTION - The open sitting angle between thigh and torso and the kneeling position (aka Seiza) allows the...
If you are looking for something a traditional design then BlueCony is the better choice. I would recommend that you sit in a traditional position without bending or folding your legs when sitting.