Are you looking for an ottoman furniture that can easily turn into a bed?
Here is top 6 selections. Don’t be fooled by their small boxy frame as they can turn into not just a bed, but a table, a chair, and much more! It’s perfect for guests or if you want a quick nap.
Best Choice: Diophros Folding Bed
- Multi-function: versatile use, sitting, reclining, foot-support and sleeping. Meet all your needs to the greatest...
- User-friendly Design: No assembly required, easy to store the chair and save space for unused time. Adjustable backrest...
- Material: Upholstered in linen fabric with stereo lines, full and comfortable. Top padding with thick high density foam...
Diophros has always been our top choice when it comes to sleeper ottoman. It has one of the best value for the money spent. It’s sturdy, versatile, and overall just an amazing piece of furniture.
You have so many colors to choose from, such as gray, blue all the way to pink…
- Material: Linen
- Dimensions: 74.02″ x 37.4″ x 16.93 ” (as sofa)
- Weight capacity: 440 lbs
- Furniture weight: 70.4 lbs
- Assembly required: No
- Available colors: Multiple
There are multiple functions with Diophros. From a guest bed, you can change it to a footrest, a coffee table, a reading chair, or a stool. It looks great in the living room next to a sofa somewhere in the corner as a reading chair. Or if you have a small studio apartment, you can save money and space with this convertible ottoman.
This steel frame space saving ottoman can hold up to 440 pounds, which means most people shouldn’t have any problems with sturdiness. Hundreds of people who bought this have said that it’s incredibly sturdy and comfortable.
“This product is much more sturdy than I anticipated. I brought it as an extra bed for guests who talked about how well they slept and how easy it is to use. It accommodated twin sheets and it looks good with my furniture.” –> Read Amazon Reviews.
This “guest bed” is from linen fabric, so it’s highly breathable, meaning it does not retain as much odor or wrinkle easily. It’s almost twin size, so you should have ample space to move around.
It does come with a foam which is great for comfort. Sleeping on it for a few days is comfortable enough, but if you plan to make this an everyday bed, then it is recommended that you get a bit more extra padding and some comfortable sheets.
If you need replacement parts or need something fixed, you can always reach out to Diophros. Or if the package came damaged in the very rare case, you can get it replaced with a new one.
Runner Up: Vonanda Bed
- CONVERTIBLE DESIGN: The convertible sofa bed can be used as an ottoman in normal. It can be easily and quickly converted...
- STURDY WITHOUT ASSEMBLY: The Folding Ottoman is made of high-quality materials and metals. Not only does it durable, but...
- ADJUSTABLE & SUPPORT: Breathable linen fabric and high-density sponge not only make the lines full and simple but also...
Vonanda is a close second. In terms of comfort, functionality and quality, Vonanda convertible ottoman is just as good or maybe even better as they offer velvet as a fabric choice. It comes ready to use right out of the box!
The only downside is the color selection. You only have a few.
- Material: Linen, Velvet
- Ottoman Dimensions: 27″ * 37″ * 17″ (L×W×H)
- Sofa Dimensions: 47″ * 37″ * 32″ (L×W×H)
- Bed Dimensions: 74″ * 37″ * 17″ (L×W×H)
- Weight capacity: 440 lbs
- Furniture weight: 68.2 lbs
- Assembly required: No
- Available colors: Chocolate Brown, Velvet Gray
Vonanda has exactly the same functionality and versatility like Diophros, so it can turn into a reading chair, footrest, coffee table, etc. Pick anywhere you like; it’ll look amazing in most places from the living room, basement, bedroom, and guest room.
The frame is made from metal, so sturdiness is guaranteed, and like the Diophros, Vonanda also holds up to 440 pounds, so it is sturdy enough for almost all individuals. One shopper commented…
“Well made, easy to put together and pull apart. Fits into any room. I was not expecting much at first when I ordered it. I received my order a day early “thanks UPS”; box was a little damaged but my product was ok so no worries. The ottoman it self is well made, very sturdy and firm. It folds out to a twin size bed and you can adjust the head rest as needed….comes with a pillow as well. I am surprised and impressed by the quality and sturdiness of this product. Great Job”
You do get a quality foam alongside with a FREE pillow, and as a guest sleeper, there is plenty of comfort. However, for everyday use, some extra padding is recommended.
If you prefer an elegant look, you can choose the velvet fabric for this piece. It does attract more dust than linen, but velvet has a nice and regal / royal feel to the material.
Vonanda offers 180 day trial, which means if you don’t like the product for whatever reason, you can return it. What’s also great is that you get a “3 year promise”. If the parts gets damaged, you can get replacements and have it fixed.
- ☕4 IN 1 FUTON CHAIR: This futon chair can quickly change between 4 forms, ottoman, chair, chaise lounge, and bed. It...
- ☕FUTON CHAIR WITH 2 USES PILLOW: This futon chair is with a 2 uses pillow, when the futon chair is as a chair, the...
- ☕SIDE POCKETS DESIGN: 2 lower pockets and 1 higher pocket on both sides of the futon chair. 2 lower pockets are for...
The Powell Marnie is another great product with a slightly different design than our top 2 recommendations. Though not as versatile, this ottoman looks stylish and is more suited for smaller apartments with less space.
Though I do have to mention that some buyers did unfortunately receive packages that were damaged and torn. While the product itself looks nice, they could improve their packaging quality and handling.
- Fabric material: Polyester
- Dimensions: 42 length x 31 w x 18 height inches
- Seat Height: 18 inches folded, 33 inches unfolded
- Length: 42 inches folded, ~75 inches unfolded
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Furniture weight: 30 lbs
- Assembly required: +$59 if you want expert assembly
- Available colors: Gray
Though not as versatile as Diophros and Vonanda, this can change into a lounge chair, bench and a bed.
This is more suited for smaller apartments and spaces because it’s not as wide and bulky as the top 2 recommendations.
The Powell Marie is sturdy enough for most people with 300 weight capacity. The build and the nature of the furniture does not allow for more weight.
However, the upside is how light the furniture piece is at just 30 pounds, so you can move it around with ease.
Polyester fabric is great for keeping away odor and when you wash it, there is minimal shrinkage and wrinkling. However buyers have said that the cushion could be a bit thicker and more comfortable.
- 44" Ottoman that can transform to a 75" Twin Size Bed.
- 100% polyester fabric
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs.
Cynefin is another space saving ottoman that is perfect for using in the guest room or a small living space. It’s similar to Diophros and Vonanda with a few differences. There are pockets on the side if you need “storage” and overall it’s a decent product.
- Fabric material: Tufted
- Dimensions: 40. 8 length x 26.3 w x 16.4 height inches
- Seat Height: 18 inches folded, 27.6 inches unfolded
- Length: 40.8 inches folded, 70.8 inches unfolded
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Furniture weight: 75 lbs
- Requires Assembly: Yes
- Available colors: Gray
While not as versatile, you can still use this as a lounger chair and a bench. It’s best suited in the corner of the room or near a doorway.
The weight capacity is 300 pounds, so it’s not as sturdy as our recommended selection, but it’s slightly easier to convert it back into a bench and a lounger.
If you did not know, there are roller wheels so it is however much easier to move around your apartment or house.
While Cynefin does not have a memory foam mattress, you get 5 inch thick mattress with spring cushion which does make a big difference when it comes to comfort, but buyers do recommend to get extra padding.
“I was skeptical about purchasing since I didn’t see a review, but this chair is better than I expected. It’s heavy duty, space saving, easy to set up, and functional as a bed and chair. It’s also firm so if you sleep on it, I would recommend purchasing a soft long lawn chair pad for added comfort. Chair came earlier than expected, which was perfect. A beauty worth every penny.”
- ✅【500lbs Max Weight Capacity】–Heavy duty rust resistant steel tube framework with 1.2mm thickness, durable....
- ✅【3inch Comfort Foam Mattress】–Featuring a premium high density rating for soft contouring comfort and the...
- ✅【Dual Use Ottoman+Bed】–You can simply remove the cover and unfold it, designed to be used while being stored. a...
If you are looking for something that’s a bit cheaper, then Tatago might be the better choice. While it does not have the same level of multi-functional use, you can use it as a footrest, a coffee table, and a space saving sleeper bed.
Tatago ottoman sleeper is slightly more sturdier as it is made with steel tubes and can hold up to 500 pounds.
- Material: Fabric and Steel
- Bed size: 78″ x 30″ x 16″inch
- Folded ottoman size: 31″ x 30″ x 16″inch
- Weight capacity: 500 lbs
- Furniture weight: 53.8 lbs
- Assembly required: No
- Available colors: Dark Grey
This is great as a makeshift coffee table or a footrest in the living room since gray can seamlessly blend in with almost any environment.
When it’s time for sleep, you can carry it to the guest room or wherever really… and fold it back in position with the same level of comfort as Vonanda and Diophros. Overall, this ottoman sleeper is the best choice for people who are looking for the most sturdiest product for the price.
- ✅MODERN STYLISH DESIGN: Minimal design with single color cushion cover and black metal fixtures means this folded bed...
- ✅HIDDEN FOLD OUT BED: A conveniently hidden fold out bed, this ottoman can be folded out into a single bed that is...
- ✅STYLISH OTTOMAN: Fold the bed together to create a stylish ottoman that can be used as a footrest, extra seating, or...
HOMCOM sleeper ottoman is very similar to Tatago in functionality and versatility. It is however a bit cheaper and made out of slightly less sturdier materials.
- Material: Faux Suede (Polyester), Steel, Cotton Cover, PP Wheel
- Bed: 79.25″L x 29.5″W x 11.75″H
- Stool: 29.5″W x 25.5″D x 19.75″H
- Steel Frame: 77.5″L x 29.25″W x 14.5″H
- Weight capacity: 264 lbs
- Furniture weight: 36.3 lbs
- Assembly required: No
- Available colors: White, Black, Grey
With this piece of furniture, you can use not only use it as a sleeper, but also a chair and a table in the living room. You can actually adjust the height of the seat and in case you want to move it around the house such as the guest room, it’s fairly portable and light at around 36 pounds.
Why Buy a Furniture That Turns Into A Bed?
If you are low on space or live in a small studio apartment, then a furniture piece that is versatile and convertible is something you need.
With a convertible ottoman you are pretty much getting 3-5 different furniture at the price of one, so you are getting great value for the money spent.
However when making your shopping decision, be sure to get the colors, size, and functionality correctly because depending on your needs, which ottoman is best suited for your needs will vary.
Will you be moving it around quite a lot? Do you need something portable? Or what functions do you need the ottoman to serve? These are questions you should ask yourself.
If you simply need a guest sleeper that you can put away in a closet or blend in inconspicuously with the environment then a simple ottoman like Tatago or HOMCOM might be all you need, as they are cheaper and sturdier.
However, let’s say you want an actual lounge chair for reading, watching a movie, or just taking a nap with the ability to fold and morph into different things, then Diophros or Vonanda might be a better choice even if they are a bit more expensive.
Bigger homes and apartments have the luxury of having more options, but if you need something that is the most compact, then Powell Marie or Cynefin could be what you need.
Where To Place The Foldable Bed?
- In the living room
When folded, the convertible ottomans look great in the middle of the living room as a table. Or you can use it as a footrest next to a sofa.
Or if you prefer you can fold it open into a lounge chair next to a sofa or in the corner of the room. Placing it as a folded bench next to an end-table is also another option.
- Next to a doorway
Powell Marie and Cynefin can look great next to a doorway as they look more like a bench when folded.
- In the basement or gaming room
Another place that most people don’t consider is the basement / gaming room. Fold your ottoman into a chair when playing video games or watching a movie and turn it into a bed when guests come over or if your kids have friends for sleepover.
What Does “4 in 1, etc” Mean?
It lets you know how many functions it has. Some companies and brands have the number of functionalities highlighted in their product title, whereas some don’t.
More does not necessarily mean better because it’s all about your needs. Even if a product has more ways of being used, the quality and craftsmanship might be less, it may be more expensive, and it may be less sturdier than a simpler furniture.
Lighter colors: Lighter colors usually work best with other lighter colors and neutral colors.
For example: If your room is ivory white and beige, it’s better to get a furniture piece that’s has a similar color palette to the room such as light brown, or tobacco.
Heavy colors such as red, blue, black can be mixed in, but use with caution because too much bright and heavy colors can be overwhelming.
Neutral colors: If you want, you can go with neutral colors such as gray, light blue, etc, but unless you mix in some darker or brighter colored objects, it can seem a little dull or boring.
If your room is neutral in overall color scheme, your furniture piece should have a more striking color and appearance.
Darker colors: Dark colors such as black, navy blue, and dark brown etc are very difficult to decorate with. You need a good balance. If it’s too much, it can look gloomy, dark, uninviting.
You need furniture pieces that contrast the overall dark look of the room. So if you walls are black or dark gray, get some furniture that is light gray, white, etc.
Is Shipping Free?
Enjoy free shipping on most of the products shown here from amazon com
If for whatever reason your package arrives damaged, you can return these ottomans for a replacement. And if you lose a bolt, a screw etc, you can reach out to the companies for parts, which is great!